Thursday, March 4, 2010

Heidi and Emma - Beauty and Brains is not even half of it!


Heidi and Emma have started their respective courses - Heidi is at TAFE on the road to becoming a nurse and Emma is starting an online university course to become a Primary school teacher.
At Heidi's class, the students were asked why they chose nursing (health care) and she explained that her goal is to be able to use this training as part of the mission work their team has been doing in Papua New Guinea. The teacher was very encouraging about that goal.
Em's goal has also been a witness. She wrote this today:
On our uni website, you had to write up a little thing saying why you wanted to be a teacher, so I wrote one out, and posted it today and this is what I said:
“Teaching is something that I have known I wanted to do ever since I was little. I spent a lot of time helping friends and family with their kids during the years that I was in school. I graduated from high school at the end of 2008, and spent last year in Taiwan and California helping out in missionary and charity centres by taking care of, and teaching some of the children of the volunteers who live in those places. That’s when I became sure of what I wanted to do with my life.
My brother started taking mission trips to Papua New Guinea a couple years ago, and my goal is to be able to go there and start schools to teach the poorer children who can’t afford a proper education. I want to learn how to be a professional teacher so that I can help to the best of my ability.”
When it was posted a guy in the same course responded:
“Wow! That is such an inspiring goal to have! I'd considered going to third world countries to teach in already set up schools, but never setting up my own! Good luck with that!” D
Emma's reaction: Isn't that cool?
It certainly is. Who knows what opportunities this new direction in your lives will lead to.
Mum and I will be praying for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you two! Your both amazing people and I wish you the best in your studying ventures. I am praying for you that you are able to focus, I know what it was like to start studying again after years - in Heidi's case - of not studying. But I am completely sure you will both do great! Love you! --- Angy