Sunday, December 28, 2008

Notes from Trevor and Emily, Ruth and Angela

Hi Stuart and family,

Nice to hear you got off to Taiwan safely. I hope everything goes well for you over there. Emily and I celebrated Christmas with Alan, Michelle and Paul and Amanda and family. This was a bit different to our usual routine but still very nice. Alan and Michelle (along with mum) have all called me Stuart many times - saying that I look very much like you did when you visited. I have also heard a story about a particular sheep skin coat, which you may remember. Alan won't be lending me his replacement coat!! Emily and I are visiting Ireland and Scotland and a bit more of London in January, and then down into Europe!!

Hope you keep well,

Trevor and Emily
(About that coat - Alan and Michelle won't let me forget that when I passed through Florida in 1971, Alan loaned me his coat - a very nice sheep skin one as Trevor mentioned. It was very nice - not as good as Joseph's coat of many colours but a good one to be sure. When I joined The Family about 6 months later in London, I still had the coat. I felt the call to give Alan's coat to God. I would have gladly given my own but all I had was his. Ha! I am sure there's a lesson in all this for me but can't quite see it just yet. I'm sure Alan will be faithful to remind me about it again from time to time until I figure out what it is. Thanks Alan, and thanks Lord for accepting the sacrificial lamb's wool offering.)

Christmas Day was quite good, as we were busy visiting the Alback clan for lunch, Lois and co in the afternoon, then Steve's parents at night. It was busy, but lovely to introduce Charlotte to everyone. Boxing Day I found quite emotional. I am sure I had more time to reflect, also we went to an Alback picnic at Moogerah Dam which brought back so many memories of good times in the past. Christmastime is certainly a time when you really miss those loved ones who are not around any more. I had a long phone call from Trevor on Christmas Eve, which was very special. I have also had some messages from friends who have been thinking of our family this Christmas.

Love, Ruth.

Glad to hear that you got there safely. I have been and will continue to pray for you all. Like Dad said moving is like dying, death to one life and the beginning of a new life. I pray that this new life will be enjoyable, fulfilling and inspiring. Please give my love to Mum and the girls.

XXX -- Angy

No comments: