Monday, November 24, 2008

Krikki turns 12


Here are a couple of birthday wishes that I think are well worth sharing with everyone. It's a big thing to turn 12. As we've been packing, I've thoroughly enjoyed looking through the photos of you growing up. You are a joy to me and to mum and because there was that 5 year break before you came along, it's set you apart a bit for special treatment. Even though some of the older ones have given you “therapy” at times, you have the benefit of being the baby for all of us – and we've had the benefit of having you.
I won't go on – even though I'm tempted to – but I don't want to detract from the sentiments that Leigh and Ang share so well.
xoxox

Dearest Kricket-Kracket,
Wow! It’s your birthday (finally)!! You are finally (12) (Please tell me I’m not wrong…) I miss you terribly, little sis, even though I know us getting along was more of the exception than the rule, back in our day.
But you’re still my baby sister, and I know (the kids I teach here) can prove how much I love you – I’m always bragging about how smart and pretty you are and stuff…
I’m going to try to give you a little advice here, since advice is what I do best (yeah, right…). Enjoy being a kid for as long as you’re allowed to be called one – while growing up is a wonderful process, it’s going to come with time, and since you don’t need to be an adult yet, don’t let anyone make you feel like being young is a bad thing. It goes away way too soon...
And you should probably think about role models sometime too, cause pretty much everyone needs someone to try to be like. I suggest sisters Angela and Heidi.
I love you so, so much, Krikki, and I can’t wait till I can see you again!
Love and prayers,
Leigh
(From Ang)
Darling Krikki (I know that I am not supposed to call you that anymore but you will always be my Krikki),
12 oh my, how the years have passed - you are now a beautiful young lady rather than a baby sister. I miss the baby in the family, thankfully Steve and Teri and Andy and Libby have had the babies to replace the need for you in that role … now you get to be an Aunty instead.
Darling, I wish I were able to be with you more and have more to do with your life. Please know that although I am not that good at keeping in touch you are always in my thoughts and prayers. And I do pray that one day you will be able to come and live with me, even if just for a short while.
I concur with Leigh’s advice, enjoy your life and your preteen and teen years while you can … you will be an adult before you know it. It comes fast enough so don’t rush it. Enjoy life, have fun, learn what you can while the time is provided for you, soon you will have no time to learn the things that you are interested in, ha!
I love you and will always cherish the time that we spent together. You were my little side kick for a few years there, it was always fun to take you to the bank, shopping, post office, etc. I loved it when people thought that you were my little girl, I was always proud of you and I am still. You are growing into a smart, beautiful, disciple/missionary/woman. I pray that this coming year is a special one for you, that you make new friends, and that you enjoy all the new experiences moving to a new place will bring. Most of all, I pray that you continue to stay close to Jesus and that your friendship with Him continues to develop into all that He wants it to be.
You have a lot of older brothers and sisters for role models, they are all dedicated to the Lord, they love Him and are doing what they can to serve Him - what better role model could you ask for? Then you have your parents, now there are two of the best role models ever. We are all so blessed, such awesome people to look up to.
Cheers to our little sister! Happy 12th Birthday Darling. We love you!

2 comments:

David said...

If I leave a comment here I hope Kriks will read it.

Dear Krikket, I love you and miss you much much. I feel terrible to have forgotten your birthday. I know that I was your favourite brother, which makes this all the more terrible, and I hope you don't let a little thing like this get you down ... I remember all the fun we used to have quoting jungle book, and acting out parts, I remember teaching you to walk ... and read ... and count. So I didn't do a great job of all those things, but it obviously wasn't too hard to unlearn all of it, since now you can count with the best, walk like a champ, and read ... all this to say ... I love you and happy 12th birthday. I hope that this year is the best ever, and that your next birthday isn't on a friday :D
Love
David

Anonymous said...

Fave! Fave! you wish. No i'm Just kidding you are one of the greatest brothers I could wish for. I hope to see u soon bro. Love ya Buddy.
oh and btw you did not teach me how to walk and count, read maybe but not walk or count, those are your two worst subjects. No joking.