Sunday, December 20, 2009

Merry Christmas! xīnnián kuàilè


"By popular demand" we are back with our blog. Well, I should qualify that I am using that term very loosely. In fact, most people gave up on asking months ago - but Ange - you're persistent, so you can credit yourself with having changed a part of the world.

Today we will be travelling back to Aus for Christmas. Our darling, Emma returned to Taiwan a week ago after 5 months in San Diego. Soo good to have you back, Em.

Taiwan is not exactly Christmas crazy! Our landlord saw the tree and Christmas lights and decorations and wondered what they were for. He celebrated Christmas once, in Australia, so thought it was celebrated in summer! Well, there is Christmas music playing in stores and some decorations up ... but compared to Chinese New year, it pales into insignificance.

OK, Ange ... it's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil ... so here's a pic of Ange and Em at a special Christmas meal we had together.

I'll end this post with a few Christmas thoughts --- Happy Christmas all!!

Christmas gift suggestions:
To your enemy, forgiveness.
To an opponent, tolerance.
To a friend, your heart.
To a customer, service.
To all, charity.
To every child, a good example.
To yourself, respect.
—Oren Arnold

Peace on Earth will come to stay,
When we live Christmas every day.
—Helen Steiner Rice

8 comments:

Ange said...

Aww... look at that: you're such a shiner.--And for Christmas, I wanna give you tolerance. Eeheehee.

Leigh said...

Didn't realise you guys had gone already. Hope you have a great Christmas :).

Ange said...

Um, Paul... Shouldn't you be blogging (tons!) about your trip to Australia?!

--The Angel On Your Right Shoulder

Leigh said...

Please update! I haven't seen any pictures from Christmas, and I would love to. Listen to Ange! :) And me, of course..

David said...

That Ange girl is right ... it would be nice to get a bit of news about your trip to Aussie. Perhaps some pics of playing Cricket ... something for the overseas buddies to get homesick over.

David said...

Why is Ange an opponent though?

Ange said...

Opponents are what make us strong(er).

Uh, Paul... I can't believe you'll have been gone nearly 2 months and you haven't posted a thing. You do realize you might be thrown out of house and home, upon arrival, for this highly treasonous behavior of yours, right? >:D

Fam of Harts said...

Want Ad: I am desperately in need of a blog assistant. All applicants will be considered - especially those who can read my mind and reproduce pictures taken on my camera telepathically
Yours pathetically,